Monday 9 September 2019

REAL Southern Fried Chicken Batter


Ingredients:
  • 2 beaten egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 4 teaspoons garlic salt
  • 2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour



How to make it :
  1. Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
  2. Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
  3. Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
  4. Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
  5. Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
  6. Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
  7. Drain it on paper towels and serve.

11 comments:

  1. I made this chicken and it's is so good, because I was taught by my grandmother, and great aunts and they taught me too. but sometimes, instead of placing chicken on med. low, they would place it in the oven. Also my grandmother and aunts use a a casket iron skillet, and to me it make a whole lot of difference, and we would placed the skillet and all in oven and baked at 350 degrees for around 25 to 30 minutes. And it's really good chicken. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Enjoy Robin A.Cox Cobb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this too I use buttermilk and canola oil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it,it comes out very well with buttermilk

      Delete
  3. What's is poultry seasoning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. McCormick has a really good one. You can purchase it a Wal-mart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can use old bay seasoning

    ReplyDelete
  6. When u put it in skillet and place in oven do it require oil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing recipe of Best Fried Chicken with us. Such a great blog I have found. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post. Thanks for sharing it with us. Anyone who wants to get the Best Fried Chicken in Cape May, can visit us.

    ReplyDelete